What happens at BlogHer does not stay at BlogHer.
Whew, what a summer! I hope yours was as amazing as mine was! I’ve traveled, entertained, and partied more this summer than I in any summer I can remember. Our family vacations were fantastic, but I’m so craving a routine again. It’s time to get these rusty ol typing fingers back into the swing of things! The kids start school on Wednesday, so it’s coming soon. 🙂
I’m weaning back into a schedule, starting today with the video blogging secrets I learned at BlogHer11. I’ve got so many golden nuggets from the BlogHer convention and I can’t wait to share them with you! I’ll be breaking them down in a series of posts for you over the coming week or so!
Video Marketing Secrets: Take 1
While we all probably know that natural lighting is the best, that can be a struggle if you’re building your business while your kids are sleeping or around a full time job.
- Ikea paper lamps are awesome for lighting!
- Clamp lights from Home Depot or Lowe’s with gels over them work great too.
- Tip: Make sure you don’t get the yellow tinted light bulbs. Look for white light bulbs instead.
Your video viewers will tolerate poor quality video better than poor quality audio and let’s face the facts, the built in mic on your laptop probably isn’t going to give you the best audio quality.
Solution: Invest in a USB microphone that you can attach to your laptop.
- If you are using the Kodak Zi8 video camera here’s a post that includes entry level mics.
Chances are your laptop, cell phone and your digital camera all have video capabilities, but the quality may not be great. The good news is that you don’t have to spend a ton to get high quality video!
- Kodak Zi8 (approx. $250)
- Canon 5D Mark II takes incredible video. (High end approx.$2500)
- For quick easy HD webcam videos, I use the Logitech C310 ($25.00)
- Good: iMovie (free)
- Better: Final Cut Pro (approx. $300)
- Good: Microsoft Movie Maker (free)
- Better: Camtasia (approx. $300)
Stay tuned, I’ll share all the video SEO tips, distribution resources, and video monitization secrets I learned at BlogHer in the next post!
Please post a link to your latest video in the comments below along with your best video tip and share this post with others. I can’t wait to see what you’re all doing with your video marketing lately!