What is your blogging routine for your internet marketing business?Â Do you struggle getting everything done and feel like you’re spending the whole day writing your posts?Â I have a few tips to help tackle time management in your internet marketing business and get it all done! (And I promise it won’t take up all of the 1,440 minutes you get each day!)
Blog Writing, Commenting, Video and Article Marketing, there is so much to do, and we all have so little time!Â Well actually we all have the same amount of time, but it’s never enough to get it all done!Â Right?
Add into the schedule, family activities, another business or job (as many internet entrepreneurs have), household duties, community responsibilities and such…and it can feel like there is no hope of making progress in our businesses.
I struggled so much with this and finally got to the point where the pain of not doing it became greater that the pain of doing it.Â Â It has caused me to sharpen my time management (self management) skills and figure out how to get it all done.
7 tips for a manageable blogging routine for your internet marketing business:
- Schedule time to work. If you’re at all like me, you can fill your day full of meaningless jobs and arrive at dinner time exhausted and frustrated because you didn’t get done what you wanted to accomplish for the day.Â I have to actually schedule in time to get my work done.
- Plan your posts. I like to figure out ahead of time what I’ll be writing about on my blog for the week.Â This allows me to spend my time actually blogging or writing an article instead of trying to figure out what I’m going to write about.
- Set a timer! Whatever you’re doing, from blogging to dishes, the job will expand into the time you allow it, so use a timer to play beat the clock and get your work done.
- Use checklists. I have a checklist for SEO and a blog checklist to make sure I don’t forget something important and have to waste time going back to edit my post.
- Automate what you can. Make sure promote your blog links on your favorite sites.Â I like to automate some of this with a website called twitterfeed that sends my blog posts to facebook and twitter when they are published.
- Re-purpose your content. One last suggestion is to use the “wordpress ezine articles” plug I wrote about last week. I’ve been using it to submit my articles directly from my wordpress dashboard.Â It’s a simple way to repurpose your content and it only takes a few minutes to do!
- Connect & build relationships. Set aside time to visit and comment on other blogs, and remember to save a little time to answer the comments you receive on your blog, twitter and facebook accounts.
In this video I share my tips for getting things done, what works for me, and how I’m incorporating my blogging and business building into my busy life.
Okay, now you know how to make a plan, and create a simple blogging routine for your internet marketing business and get it all done!Â I can’t wait to see all your blog posts, articles, tweets, and facebook updates coming my way!
Like always, please tweet, facebook, and leave a comment if this was helpful to you!Â You’ll get a little link-love as a thank you from me!