Are you blending into the crowd of network marketers online or are you someone who stands out and gets remembered? I’m going to share with you 3 tips for personal branding for network marketers to help you be unforgettable! Today, I’m focusing on personal branding for network marketers step 1: research a niche.
Personal Branding for Network Marketers…
Why is it important?
Think of creating a personal branding for network marketers strategy as being your best way of expressing and communicating who you are, what you do, who you serve, how you help them so that you can attract the people to you who are a fit for what you offer. It separates you from everyone else who offers a similar product or service (i.e. everyone in your network marketing company regarding your products and everyone in any network marketing company regarding your opportunity.)
You’ll hear a lot of marketers talking about a “You Inc.” business model but sadly, so many marketers are marketing in a way that they are branding the “guru’s” instead of themselves. Don’t let that happen to you. Let’s design your signature style so that you stand out from all the other internet network marketers online and attract your own following of raving fans and prospects.
Personal Branding for Network Marketers Step 1: Find a Niche Market
Personal discovery & market research will allow you to be able to market with integrity, within a niche that fits your passions, and in a voice that attracts your ideal clients.
Personal Branding for Network Marketers: Questions for personal discovery:
- What are you passionate about?
- What do you enjoy doing?
- What are your special hobbies or interests?
- What can you easily lose track of time doing?
- What are you gifted at?
- What are your strengths?
- What comes easily to you? (Natural talents)
- What do other people tell you that you’re great at?
- What are your core values?
- What do you believe in?
- What are your convictions?
- Where can you make a difference in the world?
- What opportunities have you been given to leave a legacy type of impact on our planet and people?
TIP: The better you get in touch with yourself the better you will be able to reach your market because you’ll be sharing a message that is congruent with your passions and beliefs. We all know “belief has a sound.” When you’re marketing from a place of conviction in what you’re doing, you will be much more attractive to your ideal clients.
Personal Branding for Network Marketers: Questions to define your target market and ideal clients:
- Who would you like to help?
- What are their characteristics and traits? You need to be ultra specific here! Describe their current job, situation, family, right down to the car they drive if you can get that detailed!
- What are their struggles?
- What do they worry about at night? (It’s probably not how to get your awesome product!)
- What are their fears?
- What are their frustrations?
- What do they crave and desire?
- What do they hunger for?
TIP: Think of the lyrics of the song by Nat King Cole: “That’s why darling, it’s incredible, that someone so unforgettable thinks that I am unforgettable too.” You want to be so connected to your target market that they feel like the person in this song. Your target market wants to be understood, to be heard, and to be served in the way that they are honored for who they are.
When your readers know who you are, what you do, who you help, and how you help them they will like you and trust you and will naturally help you spread your message to your ideal clients! Your newsletters will get forwarded, your blog posts tweeted, and your videos will go viral.
Personal Branding for Network Marketers: Is this a good niche to focus on?
Now that you know what your passions are, who you help, and what their struggles are, it’s time to figure out how you can best help them and to discover where your market is:
- Magazines – if there is a magazine in your niche, chances are it’s a good market to explore
- eBay- look at categories and sub-categories for market research, see what types of information and products are selling and which ones are not.
- Amazon – look at book categories and chapters within books, read the comments and reviews of the more popular books in your possible niche
- Google – Google suggest is an awesome tool for market research, and will help you brainstorm new areas to look within and new keywords to search. Also, are their paid ads within your niche? You want to know that there are others making money in this niche!
- Social Media – search.twitter.com, Facebook Groups, and read through questions in the forums in your niche
What are people talking about? Think about the pain and struggles of your target market while you are reading the comments in product reviews on forums, book reviews in amazon, twitter searches, etc. What do people like about these resources, and what do they not like? How does the book or product meet their needs and where does it fall short?
Now take all the information about your niche and your self that you’ve gathered up to this point and, figure out how you can help your ideal clients solve their problems.
- What can you help them with?
- What knowledge do you have that can fill in the gaps for them?
- What makes you different from these other marketers and authors?
- What sets you apart: Unique Selling Proposition
TIP: Make sure you choose a niche that fits YOU at your core being, otherwise you’ll be frustrated trying to reach your market if you’re not connected to them at a deeper level than wanting to make money.
Researching your niche and defining your ideal client will help you to have integrity in your marketing. You will be able to market authentically, from a place of peace knowing who you are and what you’re here for. This will also help you market with substance, not fluff, because you will be leveraging your strengths and be fueled by your passions!
Please tweet, post to facebook, and share your thoughts in the comments below! You’ll get a little link love as a thank you from me because you are on a dofollow blog. And please come back and visit my blog tomorrow for Personal Branding for Network Marketers Step 2 Be Unforgettable!