In our fast paced, attention deficit world with thousands of network marketers building their businesses online, you’re doomed to failure if you blend into the crowd!
In my last post I shared how to get your branding off to a great start by Personal Branding for Network Marketers: Find a Niche, and today I’m going to share with you 2 more personal branding tips for network marketers so you can be unforgettable in every way!
You know who you are, what you do, and who you help, so now it’s time to create your signature style that makes you stand out from the crowd! This personal branding stuff isn’t fluff…it’s the key to building a list of raving fans and followers who will eventually become your prospects and business partners!
Personal Branding for Network Marketers
Step 2: What’s Unique About You?
Making yourself unforgettable in every way:
- What is your style? Formal or informal?
- What is your personality type? Outgoing or introverted?
- What are your quirks?
- What are your hot buttons?
- What is fun about you?
- What makes you memorable?
- What are your distinguishing physical traits?
- What is important to you?
- Why do you love what you do?
- Why do you want to make a difference for your target market?
- Why have you chosen to build a network marketing business? (Think beyond your immediate needs of time/money and think bigger here: making a difference in this world kind of a why!)
TIP: Take the things on this list and play them to their fullest potential. This is what will make your personal brand attractive to others in your target market! Turn up the volume a little bit on these things so you are interesting and you are noticed. Use your stage voice in your marketing!
Personal Branding for Network Marketers
Step 3: Create Your Signature Style!
Standing out and being unique: You’ve got the look:
What look and feel are you going for in your marketing? Decide what it is, and carry it throughout everything you do.
Pick colors that suit you and carry them throughout your online sites: blog, Twitter, YouTube, etc. (Think of Tiffany’s little blue box, McDonald’s golden arches, and Google’s primary colors for examples of the branding power color can have!)
- Pick a photograph of yourself that you like and use it everywhere. This is your “logo!”
- Use your signature as part of your branding to build trust.
- Make sure your newsletter looks like your blog and sounds like you!
Personal Branding for Network Marketers: Your signature message
- Incorporate your style, quirks, and passions into your marketing messages, blog posts and videos.
- Use keywords in your social media profiles that will help your target market find you!
- Play in the same playgrounds your target market does!
- Have a signature message that is branded personally to you.
- Are you all about having an abundance mindset? Carry that theme through your marketing.
- Are you all about having fun in your work? Show it in your marketing.
- Are you more subtle, serious, and quiet as a person? Don’t pretend to be someone outgoing and silly! Be yourself. People who are like you will be attracted to you!
Personal Branding for Network Marketers: Your consistent brand
- Be consistent in your brand throughout your marketing.
- Be consistent in your marketing, don’t stop and start. (Absence does NOT make the heart grow fonder in business!)
- Be dependable to your readers and followers.
- Be consistently connected to your readers and followers socially on your blog through your posts and in the comments, in social media, and in your newsletter.
TIP: Be Yourself. There is only one you. “Every time you suppress some part of yourself or allow others to play you small, you are in essence ignoring the owner’s manual your Creator gave you and destroying your design.” Oprah Winfrey.
Personal Branding for Network Marketers & Duplication:
But what about duplication? Isn’t that essential to success in network marketing?
Personal branding for network marketers can get confusing when we’re constantly hearing duplicate, duplicate, duplicate for success in this business. You are not your company or your products, and your brand shouldn’t be either. You are not your opportunity. You are not your up-line, sidelines, or down-line. Your personal brand is not a place where being duplicable is allowed!
Duplicate successful systems, not “style!”
Closing thoughts: Don’t forget that when you are incorporating a personal branding strategy in your network marketing business, you have to give people a reason to follow you, a reason to like you, and a reason to trust you. The best way to do that is to be uniquely you and offer exceptional value to your audience!
Please tweet, post to facebook, and share your thoughts in the comments below! You’ll get a little link love as a thank you from me!
p.s. Check out my next post in my series, personal branding for network marketers, which focuses on the yin-yang of affiliate marketing!