Are you enjoying your personal branding for network marketers journey? I so hope so. It’s an exciting process and simple changes can really enhance your personal brand and make you stand out from the crowd as the leader that you really are. I don’t think that anything brands you as a leader like having your own product does and that’s what we’re focusing on today!
Personal Branding for Network Marketers: Marketing Funnel & Creating Your Own Products!
Just to recap before we dive into the content today, so far we’ve found a niche, created our unforgettable personal branding style, and discussed the yin/yang of affiliate products when it comes to personal branding for network marketers. When we’re done with this journey, you’ll be an expert at personal branding for network marketers and you’ll be able to establish yourself as a trusted adviser in your niche and make money with your brand!
The Marketing Funnel and Why It Is an Important Part of Personal Branding for Network Marketers:
Your marketing funnel must be designed to guide your readers through your process of helping them get more information from you. It’s the map on how to do business with you and how you are going to help them through their struggles and solve their challenges.
A marketing funnel can contain as many “steps” as you wish but I suggest you start off small and continue to build it bigger and better as you grow through your personal development, add new skills to your resume, and gain insight and experience in your niche.
The first step of your marketing funnel is to give away something of value to bribe your readers to opt into your list. You want to build reciprocity with your readers, by giving them something of huge value so they WANT to give you their email address and information! And when you consider how full our in-boxes are, and how overwhelming email can get this gift must be awesome!
Remember this free gift is branding you as a network marketing leader and there is a of strategy that goes into it.
- You want to being with the end in mind and know what you want this free offer to ultimately lead your subscriber to.
- You want it to be your BEST content so that your readers get a taste of the value you can bring them.
- You want it to show your skills and your unforgettable style.
- You want to over-deliver on their expectations and give them something that they can put to use now in their business.
- If you show them results right away with your free gift, think about how that will enhance your personal branding!
The Shortcut to Personal Branding for Network Marketers: Creating Your Product in 3 Simple Steps
- RESEARCH: Figure out what your market needs by using the research you’ve already completed to choose your niche and make a list of the challenges your market faces.
- What problems would your target market pay someone to solve?
- What do other products in your niche lack in information?
- Are they lacking in support?
- Are there related topics that are not being addressed?
- Think about the products you’ve purchased. What do you like about them?
- What products have you purchase that really appealed to you?
- What products have you purchased that left you still having questions?
- What could be done to improve upon the products you’ve purchased?
- Would they be better suited to a different format like video, audio, or text?
- OUTLINE: Make a list like a 7 secrets, 5 tips, etc. that solves your niche market’s problem. (Don’t try to solve everything for them. Focus in on ONE major problem they face and solve it.) Fill in your outline with supporting information.
- CREATE: This is the fun part! And there are numerous ways to create your product. I suggest you figure out what you are most comfortable with, what your strengths are, and what you would enjoy most. (Remember to stretch your comfort zone too, though…okay?)
Options for creating your product
- Write a special report with your tips or secrets
- Record an audio talking through the 7 secrets or 5 tips
- If you’re not comfortable doing this, have someone interview you and ask you questions for each of your tips
- Record a video of your 7 secrets or 5 tips
- If you’re not comfortable with video, use a PowerPoint presentation and a screen capture video instead
- Use an audio if it’s easier for you. You can always add slides to it with a free program like windows movie maker
- Hold a live training and have it video taped, you could then strip the audio from it, and have it transcribed for 3 products in one!
Remember that the same content in a different format can have an increase in perceived value to your customers. For example: video ranks higher than audio, which ranks higher than text in the mind of most people.
Creating your product in a couple of different formats can also help your readers who have different learning styles and or who like to take in information in different ways. For example someone with a commute might enjoy an audio download, while someone with an ultra busy schedule might like to skim a transcript.
Ways to add value to your product so that it’s irresistible to your readers:
- Have the audio or video transcribed (now you can offer the transcript or use the transcript to create a workbook!)
- Pick out the highlights and create a quick start checklist, list of resources, tips sheet, etc. to help your readers.
- Pick out your favorite tip and expand on it for a bonus.
- Offer your skills and expertise as part of your product, like a free coaching session.
- Offer a free follow-up tele-seminar for your subscribers only.
TIP: Don’t make this difficult and don’t doubt the value you have to offer! Even if someone else has already created a similar product to what you’re going to create, you’re going to teach it in your “style” and that cannot be duplicated. How many math teachers have you had in your lifetime? Did some make it easier than others?
Congratulations! You’ve created the first step in your marketing funnel! You now have something that you can use to entice them to join your email list.
Hooray! That’s great, but where does the making money with my personal brand come in? How do I make money with a product I’m giving away for free?
The next step of your marketing funnel would be to offer something small for you subscribers to purchase that will help them learn how to buy from you without much risk…but I’ll save that for another day.
If you enjoyed this post, learned something new, or have an opinion to share, please comment below and share it on twitter and Facebook! You’re on a do-follow blog, so you’ll get some link love as a thank you from me!
We’re almost to the finish line…the end is in sight! Remember to stop by tomorrow to discover the next step in your personal branding for network marketers journey: monetize your marketing and bank your brand!