We focused in the last post on creating a simple marketing funnel and product to give away free as an incentive your readers to join your list. Now we’re going to continue to build out your marketing funnel to get some money coming in from all this personal branding work you’ve done!
How do I make money with this product I just worked hard to create, if I’m giving it away for free?
Your goal should be to use your free product to get your readers “in the door” so you can follow up with additional helpful products solving other problems they may have.
I mentioned in the last post: Personal Branding for Network Marketers: Marketing Funnel & Products that the next step (after creating your free offer) would be to offer something small to your subscribers to purchase that will help them learn how to buy from you without a lot of risk.
Personal Branding for Network Marketers: Almost Free Products
Your reader has now raised his/her hand and said…”Yes, the risk of giving away my email is worth the bribe.” They are in the buying mode. Your next step is to create a one time offer on the thank-you page to a low priced product!
This could be something in the $7 to $47 range depending on your niche and what they’re willing to spend. (Tip: For some reason “7’s” are a powerful number in marketing and you’ve probably seen a lot of products ending in 7 when you were exploring your niche! Go with the flow here…this is not somewhere you want to be different! )
This doesn’t have to be hard and don’t over-think this step.
Here are some things you could offer for sale on your thank you page:
- A coaching session
- A physical version of your free product, CD, DVD, Workbook, Etc.
- A selection of your best blog posts or articles
- An eBook
- A trial to your membership program like a cd/newsletter of the month
- A low priced affiliate product (although I’d hold off on this if you have something of your own to offer.)
Offering something for purchase will enhance personal branding for network marketers because it will set you apart from most network marketers who are not doing this!
You want to catch your readers when they’re excited to get your offer and it’s fresh on their mind. You can also continue to drip this information on them and the value of your low-priced offer through your email follow up if they don’t purchase right away.
Personal Branding for Network Marketers: Tips for a successful low-risk one time offer:
- It should relate to your free opt in offer, enhance it, or compliment it
- Load on the bonuses and to make the offer irresistible! Oftentimes, your customers will buy something because of the bonuses! (I know I have!!!)
- Link the low purchase to a trial of a membership program (this will give you great continuity or residual income)
Give them a reason to take you up on your offer NOW:
- Offer it at a one time only discount. Maybe it’s $27 if they buy right now, but $47 if they buy in the future.
- Place some scarcity on this offer. Maybe it’s only available for a limited amount of time or maybe some bonuses are only available to a certain number of customers.
Personal Branding for network marketers goes beyond your image and your blog!
Offer so much incredible content and value that your subscribers/customers will feel foolish if they don’t take you up on your offer! Personal branding for network marketers goes way beyond image and your blog! Everything you offer enhances or detracts from your brand and it’s important that everything you do online exceeds your follower’s expectations!
Overcoming the fear of failure in the minds of your customers:
We’ve all purchased something and then felt buyers remorse after doing so. I know I’ve been there at times and I’ve kicked myself for buying it…when it wasn’t what it was cracked up to be. That buyers remorse creates a fear of failure in the mind of your customer, and you must over come that.
- Give them social proof by sharing testimonials from your other customers who have loved your training (you might want to give your course to some of your colleagues and have them write a testimonial for you.)
- Give them an incredible guarantee. Most people won’t take you up on it, but knowing that they can get their money back will increase the number of subscribers who become buyers.
- And I said it before…pile on the value with bonuses. They don’t have to cost you a lot more money, but they can really help your readers get over their fear of failure!
Remember to keep in mind your ultimate goal!
Everything you offer your readers has to be relevant to your ultimate goal, so know what it is before you sketch your marketing funnel out!
- Do you want them to join you in your network marketing business?
- Do you want your free product and low priced product to pre-sell your coaching, consulting, or your membership program?
- Do you want your free product and low priced product to build your list that you monetize with affiliate offers?
Key point to remember: Don’t wait for your entire personal branding for network marketers and your entire marketing funnel to be created before you start marketing and branding yourself! Build your list NOW! Implement what you’ve learned about personal branding and continue to plug away at your marketing funnel, enhancing it as you go. Remember to keep adding more expensive offers to the back end of your marketing funnel and giving more and more value to your customers!
I hope you have enjoyed this series and learned something new! Please, if you have an opinion to share, please comment below and share it on twitter and facebook! You’re on a do-follow blog, so you’ll get some link love as a thank you from me!
P.S. Recapping the Personal Branding for Network Marketers Series:
- Personal Branding for Network Marketers, Find a Niche
- Personal Branding for Network Marketers, Be Unforgettable
- Personal Branding for Network Marketers, Yin-Yang of Affiliate Marketing
- Personal Branding for Network Marketers, Marketing Funnel & Products