Most mompreneurs market from the heart. We are intiuitive, sensitive, and perceptive and in most cases these are hand’s down, the most powerful strengths we can leverage in business…especially a network marketing business because almost everything is based on relationships. But if you’re not tracking blog stats and marketing trends for your WAHMs & mompreneur business, you’re missing out on some huge traffic and income. You’re also missing out on an easy way to know what your followers are hungry for!
I don’t know what it is about many of us as women that makes us feel like numbers, conversion, stats, and profits are icky, or too hard to figure out? It’s one of the major blind spots I see in many women who are building businesses. I see it with women who shy away from technology as well, but that is a whole new topic for another post.
I want to show you that, especially you’re going to build a business on the internet, numbers (not diamonds) are your best friend (Because you can buy more diamonds, if you track your numbers and market accordingly.)
You don’t have to be a genius to figure this stuff out! I’m teaching you how to be a clever marketer, right? We’ll clever to me is synonymous to smart, simple, creative, fun and easy. It’s the kind of thing that makes you stare at yourself in the mirror and ask, “That’s so _____(smart, simple, creative, fun and/or easy) why didn’t I think of that?”
I’m going to show you my dead simple paint by numbers plan you can follow to track your marketing trends and reach your business goals by showing you what I look for in my own numbers. But let’s first talk about where to get the numbers you’re tracking in the first place.
I have 3 plugins installed on my blog, that were suggested to me by Ty Tribble in MLM Blog Code, to help me keep track of my numbers:
Here’s what I do to track my blog stats and marketing trends:
- In WP Stats I look at the 10 most commented posts.
- This tells me which posts struck a chord with my readers and gives me my first clue as to what topics I can expand on in future posts.
- WordPress Popular Posts is my next stop.
- This shows me which posts got the most views and also shows me the number of comments the posts received as well. (Again, this gives me a clue on what people liked so I know what to write about in the future.)
- Site Stats gives me a visiual graph showing me which days had the highest visitor count.
- I can see which posts and which pages were the most visited of the day
- Which search terms people used to find my blog (I’ll expand on this more below)
- Which links were clicked on my blog (This tells me what people are interested in investigating further.)
- And which sites are referring traffic to my blog
- I look at the number of times my post has been tweeted (This alerts me that people liked it enough to share it with their circle of influence.)
- I also look at google analytics
- I like to look at my traffic sources and see where my traffic is coming from so I know which blogs and websites are giving me the best results for my efforts. (If a blog is giving me lots of referrals, you’d better believe I’m going to make it a daily practice to see what’s new on their blog and post a comment!)
- I also look at the keywords that google analytics shows me what long tail keyword phrases people are searching with who end up on my blog. (The keywords I’m targeting in this very blog post came from what google told me to focus on)
- I will sometimes check the google keyword search tool to see the keyword terms that I am listed under, but not as frequently
I promise you when you start to track your blog stats and see the trends in your marketing you’ll get excited because it will show you EXACTLY what to write about on your blog next!
Don’t feel like you have to spend a lot of time studying these tools. I know you’re busy with your business and your family…I am too! I take a quick glance once a week and jot down in my calendar some keywords or ideas I had for that week’s blog posts. If I hit a day where a blog post visits go through the roof, I know that’s a post my reader’s loved and I’ll make a note of that to expand on it.
My personal blog strategy in the coming weeks will be to go back to my older posts that resonated well with my readers and repurpose the content into other formats on the internet like videos, podcasts, etc.
What knowing your stats will do for you is it will give you a PLAN for your marketing. It will allow you to create a marketing strategy to push your business to new heights and eliminate the struggle of knowing what to write about or what to do next in your business.
And think about this…if you take that powerful knowledge of what your readers want to learn about, and add into it your intuition, sensitivity, and female finesse, imagine how incredible your marketing will be! Tracking blog stats & marketing trends for WAHMs & mompreneur businesses is truly one of the secrets to success and a I think it’s darned clever marketing tip –Thank you Ty Tribble for the idea & great training in MLM Blog Code!
p.s. I 100% recommend you check out the free Blogging for Prospects free videos Ty Tribble create for the launch of his MLM Blog Secrets and MLM Blog Code.Â The training he provides in the free videos alone is incredible!