The last part of this journey through the internet network marketing training I did with Golda Smith is the part that I believe is the most important: What holds us back from marketing ourselves, our businesses, and from embracing who we’re destined to become?
Read these two posts if you want to get caught up on the series:
Mindset really matters in an internet network marketing business!
While there can be hundreds and thousands of things that we let get in the way of our business, if our mindset is not where it should be, building an internet network marketing business (or any other type of business) is going to be a constant uphill battle.
The yin of longing for success in our internet network marketing business and the yang of needing to go through the personal growth in order to achieve success create a constant tug of war between our intentions and actions. In my opinion (which is all this blog really is anyway) is that there are 4 major mindset failures that hold us back from succeeding in an internet network marketing business: fear, insecurity, perfectionism, and loss of focus.
4 Failure Mindsets to Avoid in an Internet Network Marketing Business
Doing something new is hard. It’s scary and we will often avoid doing things for our business that put us in a place of feeling fear. Picking up the phone to call a lead, getting in front of a video camera, and publishing something on our blogs, can all be things that bring fear in internet network marketing professionals.
- Remind yourself that this is the hardest it will ever be. The next time you go to do something it will be easier, and eventually you won’t be scared.
- Learn to play in that area just outside your comfort zone. It doesn’t have to be way outside your comfort zone, only far enough to get your outside of it so you are baby-stepping your way to expanding it.
- Embrace a “Be, Do, Have” principle Who do you have to be, in order to do what you have to do, so you can have what you want to have?
Insecurity: Not believing in our own value
What will people think of me? Will they find out I’m not as great, smart, talented, etc. as they think I am? A good internet network marketing leader will believe in people until they can believe in themselves, but
The impostor syndrome is a limiting belief or insecurity that keeps you from sharing what you know because you feel like you might be “found out,” or feel like you’re a fraud, impostor, or you are not as good as you say you are.
- Please read my post on overcoming the impostor syndrome with a little help from my friends for a new perspective on how you approach teaching others in your business.
- Do you think that there is only one person who can teach internet network marketing effectively online? Do you think that all the internet network marketing strategies or social media strategies being taught online are original?
- The bottom line is that if you feel like you can’t be as good as the others out there, who are teaching the same subject to their list, you should remember that no one can teach what you teach, exactly the way you teach it. That will allow you to attract readers who resonate with your teaching style.
- Take your focus off yourself and focus on others instead. How can you help them? What are their needs, problems, fears? Keep those in mind when you’re playing bigger and insecurity is settling in.
We will often hold ourselves back with procrastination and perfectionism, which is a result of the above two other things, fear and insecurity. How many times have you tweaked your blog posts or rewritten your goals so that they look better?
- Remember that practice doesn’t make perfect, practice makes progress. That’s all you can strive for…progressing and getting better. Learn that something done imperfectly is a thousand times better than having perfect intentions of something you never finish.
- Embrace speed. When you’re focused on getting things done quickly you are less worried about how perfect they are.
- Create systems to follow that will help you implement with fewer mistakes. Create checklists for publishing your blog posts, checklists for social media participation. Checklists help to make it so that you don’t have to think about every step and over analyze it.
Lack of Focus:
When we are so distracted by following too many leaders and trying too many things in our business, we end up getting off track and wasting time and money.
We need to focus on the important things and when we do that, there will always be enough time to do what you need to do for your business and your family.
- Finish one internet network marketing training course before you buy another!
- Have an action plan laid out for 90 days, instead of waking up every morning wondering what you’re going to work on.
- F.O.C.U.S. Follow One Course Until Successful
- Baby steps in one focused area compound like interest to either move you forward or backwards. There is no status quo. Use the baby steps you are making toward moving forward to your advantage, by being consistent.
Here is the last part of the audio training on internet network marketing from Golda Smith’s MODEL Training:M.O.D.E.L. Training: Internet Network Marketing Things that Hold Us Back
I really hope you enjoyed this series of internet network marketing posts. Thank you for reading them, listening to the calls and sharing your feedback along the way. Please share your thoughts in the comments below and please share this with others in the internet network marketing industry through the social media buttons to your left!