“My name is, Heather Stephens, and I am a full-time social media manager and mompreneur who specializes in teaching others how to market a home based business online with a family by their side. I have been a home based business owner for 13 years and a network marketer for six years.
I discovered a love of writing and teaching when I re-launched Clever Marketer as a business blog last summer. I am a blogger, photographer, speaker, and a perpetual student of Internet marketing. I would love to hear about you and what you’re doing, so please connect with me in the comments below, social media, skype, phone, or email! :)”
More About Me: Personally
- I am a wife of 15 years, working mom of 3, and a mompreneur.
- I am a resident of Roscoe, Illinois (a small town near the Wisconsin border.)
- I am the social media director at FatWallet.com
- I am a creative, passionate, possibility thinker.
- I am a dreamer, hugger, and wanna be private pilot. (I will finish this when kiddies are grown)
- I am a photographer, blogger, and perpetual student of Internet marketing.
- I am a writer, speaker, and teacher.
- I wake up early and I love coffee way too much.
- I love to learn. I love to read. Marketing psychology and personal development fascinate me.
- I love a challenge and I love to know how things work.
- I love a bargain, but I purchase quality.
- I am not afraid to take a risk and I love hearing great success stories.
- I have a knack for finding myself in funny embarrassing situations.
- I struggle to stay caught up on laundry.
- I can’t cook, I can’t sing, and I would be lost without spell check!
- My favorite business book is The Dip by Seth Godin (loved Purple Cow too)
- I also think everyone in business should read The Go Giver by Bob Burg and John David Mann and Influence the Psychology of Persuasion by Robett Cialdini, Ph.D.
- I am a Christ follower.
More About Me: Professionally
Services and Products for Home Based Business Owners
- Get your FREE Clever Marketer Kit for home based business owners who want to market online.
- Organize your business & live your life with the Blogger’s Biz Planner
- Clever Teleseminar Secrets: Teleseminar Training and Planning Kit
- Clever Marketer Mastermind Community
- 125 Blog Marketing Secrets You Should be Using but Aren’t.
- Prove It Blog Challenge: 8 Module Blogging Boot Camp (coming soon!)
- Private coaching and mentoring
- Speaking and training calls
- Work with me in my home based business
Mentions in the Media:
- September/October 2011 Issue of Networking Times: Creative Writing Made Easy
- Awarded in the Top 50 MLM Blogs of 2010 on That MLM Beat
- 12 Women Bloggers to Watch in 2011 on Technshare by Devesh Sharma
- Awarded the Top 50 WAHM (work at home mom) Blogs by NetworkedBlogs.com.
- Awarded the Top 50 Home Based Business Blogs by NetworkedBlogs.com.
- 9 of the Best Traffic Generation Posts Around on We Blog Better by Kiesha Easley
- Heather Stephens: The Clever Marketer on WAHM Solution by Cheryl & Leanne
- Clever Copywriting Secrets for Blog Writers on TyTribble.com
- Writer’s Block: A Beginner Blogger’s Guide to Getting Over It on TyTribble.com
- Email List Building Secrets Your Thank You Page is Keeping from You on TrafficGenerationCafe.com
- Who Else Wants the Skinny on Webinars? on ThatMLMBeat.com
- Ann Sieg interviewed me about my blogging success on TheRenegadeBlog
- Expert MLM Interviews featuring Heather Stephens on JoesephJYoung.com
- “Marketing Like a GIRL” M.O.D.E.L. (Mothers Online Developing Entrepreneurs and Leaders) Training, Part 1, 2, and 3, for Golda Smith
Connect with me in social media:
- email: heather (at) clever marketer dot com
- skype: heather_stephens
- phone: eight, one, five – two, one, eight – four, seven, two, six
My Home Based Business Purpose & Philosophy:
“I have grown to love of that little area just beyond my comfort zone where my tummy flutters, my heart beats a little big faster, and life feels a bit more vibrant.” ~Heather C Stephens
I believe that we become better together than we are by ourselves.
I love working with other moms and dads to help them create a life of their dreams in a home based business that fulfills their purpose, passions, and makes them come alive!
I know that you have gifts inside of you that can help someone else. I know that when you show up and you are present in your home based business you will get results. I know that business is a whole lot scarier played from the stands than it is down on the court.
I’m making 2011 my leap of faith year…I hope you will join me!
About Clever Marketer…
I designed this blog to be a journal of my life as a social media manager and mompreneur and a testing ground for various social media and marketing strategies I was learning from the guru Internet marketers and Internet network marketers to build my home based business.
Started in the summer of 2010, the Clever Marketer Blog has become a place for collaboration, motivation, inspiration, and education for hundreds of up-and-coming marketers, bloggers, home based business owners, and Internet network marketers!
My vision and intention is to make Clever Marketer the best place online to receive un-hyped education, guidance, and encouragement to help you reach your blogging and home based business, internet marketing goals.
- 2/2005 ~ Entered a network marketing home based business so I could stay home with my 2 girls. Became a student of personal development.
- 7/2005 ~ Launched marketing consulting and virtual assistant business to help network marketing teams stay connected and to provide marketing materials and resources to consultants within the organization.
- 3/2007 ~ Moved to new home, new city, and discovered I was pregnant with baby #3. (First “why” of larger home in better school district achieved.)
- 12/2007 ~ Gave birth to son and took 4 months off of my home based business.
- 4/2008 ~ Relaunched network marketing business after time off with baby. Heartbroken and frustrated leaving him for appointments. Became a student and obsessive consumer of attraction marketing, Internet marketing, list building, and copywriting training courses and programs.
- 5/2008 ~ Purchased clevermarketer.com domain with hopes of launching a web-based marketing business.
- 2/2009 ~ Started clevermarketer.com but I was overwhelmed with motherhood and my business, and I didn’t do anything with it for a year. Continued immersing myself in personal development and marketing courses, while building my home based business.
- 2/2010 ~ Decided to give clevermarketer.com a second try as a blog. Continued learning…
- 6/2010 ~ Started blogging consistently. Continued learning and implementing…
- 7/2010 ~ Clever Marketer blog chosen for critique in the MLM Blog Code webinar with Ty Tribble and Ann Sieg. (Alexa Rank 3,524,71) Committed to staying focused and blogging consistently.
- 8/2010 ~ Joined a commenting tribe and started networking with other talented home based business blog owners. Learning from them as I practiced and improved my blogging skills
- 11/2010 ~ Blog Audit by Ana Hoffman of Traffic Generation Cafe. Committed to implementing her suggestions.
- 1/2011 ~ Launched the first Clever Marketer Prove It Challenge to help motivate, inspire, and teach other bloggers to reach success in their home based business blogs.
- 3/2011 ~ Opened the Clever Marketer Mastermind Community, a marketing forum for business owners to network, share marketing resources and ideas.
- 5/2011 ~ Authored Clever Teleseminar Secrets, a teleseminar training and planning kit.
- 7/2011 ~ Became the Blogger & Social Media Manager at FatWallet.com a coupon and deals site and internet business
- Currently: Moderating the forum and facilitating a blog commenting and a social bookmarking community within the forum, to improve traffic and SEO of participants, and working at FatWallet.com
I hope that you’ll connect with me in social media and comment below so I can get to know you and learn what you’re up! If there is anything I can do to help you in marketing your home based business online, please let me know!