Think you’ve got some clever marketing moves of your own? Come strut your stuff on clever marketer with a guest post!
But first: read this post on guest posting etiquette and set yourself up for guest blogging success with these 10 guest post tips!
Guest posting can give you a big boost of targeted traffic, and it’s top on my clever marketing strategy list right now! It should be on yours if it’s not already.
With my daily posting schedule, so many great members in the clever marketer mastermind community and blog marketing forum, and my desire to guest post in new places myself, I’ve decided to open up clever marketer to guests.
I’m looking for some very high quality writers to share their brilliance with my readers, offering new clever marketing ideas centered around the topics of internet marketing, network marketing online, social media marketing, video marketing, SEO, and blogging.
I’d love for you to visit my guest post page for more details about writing for clever marketer, but fist I thought I’d share with you some things to focus on in your guest posting strategy:
Guest Post Etiquette: 10 Tips for Your Guest Blogging Success:
1. Pick the right blog for your guest post: You don’t want to write for just any old blog. You want your blog to be in your niche or a complimentary niche so the traffic and back links you will be building is targeted.
2. Look for blogs that have good traffic and that have an active community of readers (Check for evidence in the comments and social media shares).
3. Be a reader and subscriber of the blogs you want to guest post for so you can get a feel for their style, what topics will fit with their readers, etc.
4. Get to know the blog owner. Don’t just submit a post out of the blue, your chances of getting approved are not high that way. Instead, spend a couple of weeks getting to know the blog owner through social media and by commenting on their blog regularly. They will be much more likely to give you a chance if they know who you are.
5. Contact the blog owner and let them know you’d like to write a guest post for them. You may submit a post you’ve written with your request or the blog owner may offer some suggestions on content that they would like to see.
6. Write an amazing post full of value with links to related posts on the blog owner’s site and submit it expecting feedback. Feedback from the blog owner is a gift to you because it will give you a different perspective on your writing which will help you become a better writer. Remember that it’s the blog owner’s goal to provide the best content possible for their readers, and if your message isn’t a perfect match, don’t take it personally, but do tweak it where suggested.
7. Don’t be a link leech! Remember that as a guest you will need to be respectful. It’s customary for the blog owner to allow you an anchor text link in the body of your post to your blog content as well as a link or two in your bio.
8. Plan ahead for the traffic: I suggest you even write a sister post on your blog linking to your guest post, thanking the visitors from your guest post for visiting your site and sharing a couple of additional golden nuggets that are related to the guest post you wrote. Publish this the same time your guest post will be published.
9. Promote your guest post to your list, social media, and bookmarking sites. A blog owner who sees a surge in traffic after your guest post is likely going to want you to come back and guest post again! 🙂
10. Answer all the comments that are left on your guest post, thoughtfully and thoroughly. Treat the blog owner’s regular readers well and they’ll treat you well!
Guest Post on Clever Marketer
Check out the details on my guest post page if you would like to strut your stuff and share what you know. I would love to introduce some fantastic Clever Marketer’s to my audience! I am open to trading guest posts with blog owners who get decent traffic and are related to my niche!
What other guest post tips do you have? Please share them in the comments below and share this in social media if you enjoyed this post!
Photo Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/clarice77
For additional reading: