Would you like to have more blog comments? Of course you would. We all want our blogs to be like “the popular house” in the neighborhood during a great block party where everyone’s having fun and rushing over to join in the conversation. But unfortunately, for many network marketing mlm blog owners who are just getting started blogging, their home base online may feel ignored and lonely.
Doubt can settle in and make you wonder if it’s ever going to work, if anyone will ever give you a smile let alone a high-five and a “way-to-go-girl!” for all your hard work.
Since I’m still a relative ‘newbie’ in the mlm blogging arena, those insecure feelings are still fresh in the back of my mind. A couple of months ago, I really I wondered how I was ever going get this blog off the ground. I’d been working my buns of, blogging away, but I wasn’t seeing the results I was hoping for yet.
If you know someone like that, or if you’re in those shoes right now, stop worrying because I’ve stumbled on a few blog commenting strategies that really got the conversation started on my blog and I’m going to share them with you here!
But first, let’s talk about the benefits of blog commenting:
- SEO – Google loves to see a blog post that’s popular, getting lots of comments, because it shows that the post is offering good value to the readers. Every time a comment is made the page contains new information, so even a post that was written months ago that is still getting comments is looked at as new and current content. Also, blog comments are indexed on Google as well as the posts.
- Relationship Building – Relationships is where it’s at when you are using attraction marketing to build your network marketing business online. Conversing with your readers in your blog comments is an awesome way to quickly develop a relationship and trust. Your blog commentators are also another source of leads for your business and you can easily follow up with them in social media to further develop your relationship!
- Social validation – When you visit a blog that is getting comments from it’s readers you know that it’s liked by others and if it’s liked by so many other people you’ll probably like it too. Plus when comments are visible on a post it makes it acts as an ice-breaker at a party and others will be likely to share their blog comments too.
- Syndication – When someone finds enough value in your post to comment on it, it’s very likely they will syndicate it to their social medial followers and friends which will boost your blog traffic resulting in a boost your blog comments!
- New ideas for blog posts -Blogger’s block be-gone! – I love how many ideas I get for blog posts that are sparked by something someone says in the blog comments on my site.
- Add to the value of the content on your site – When I write something that gets commented on by a few people, frequently, someone will bring up another great point or an alternate viewpoint which adds to the value of the content on my site.
So there are probably tons more great reasons why you want blog comments and you’re welcome to add yours in the comments below…but let’s get this party started and move on to how to entice your readers to come out and play on your blog!
5 Ways to encourage your readers to make blog comments:
Blog commenting strategies you can implement:
- Awesome content – Writing content that blows the socks off your readers with value will lead them to wanting to thank you for the helpful information. (Remember that old familiar psychological trigger, Cialdini talks about, called reciprocity?)
- Ask for comments – Don’t be shy…get your “ask” in gear and let your readers know that you want them to comment!
- Comment Back – I’m struggling to keep up with comments on my blog when some weeks get busy like this one has, but I always make it a point to get caught up on replying to my blog comments. It’s important to me and I want my readers to know that I read every comment and their time and effort in sharing their thoughts is appreciated and valued by me. And when they know I appreciate their comments they’re more likely to leave comments in the future.
- Click for More – Not everyone is familiar with the “more” function on wordpress. It’s a button that looks like this: When you write a blog post it gets posted to your home page and the whole post is displayed in most themes, but there is no place to comment. Your readers have to click to view the post on it’s own page in order to see the comment section on the blog post. Not everyone will look for where to comment but many will comment if they notice the comment box at the bottom of the post. A simple trick (which I just learned myself) is to use the “more” function so when someone visits your blog via the home page, they are given an enticing beginning of your post and then they have to click to read the rest of it. If you’re writing has pulled them in and they click through, you’ll be more likely to get a comment.
- Comment on other blogs – To have friends you have to be a friend. Commenting on other blogs and letting them know you found their content to be helpful, interesting, valuable, or you respectfully share a contrasting opinion, you’re likely to draw them and some of their readers back to your blog to learn more about you.
This post is feeling a little bit like the children’s book (my son’s favorite) If You Give a Pig a Pancake: “If you give a pig a pancake, she’s probably going to want some syrup to go with it, then she’ll get sticky and want to take a bath…” (Sorry I can’t help it; it’s one of my favorite’s too!)
But really, when you do these things it’s likely that you’re going to set the stage for your readers who are going to want to comment back and this creates a very sweet circle of communication between you and your readers.
Want to automatically get more blog comments?
I’m all about making things easy and I’ve got more great tips to automatically encourage your readers to leave more comments. In tomorrow’s post, I’ll share with you how to easily and automatically appeal to your readers’ “what’s in it for me” hot button that will encourage them to leave you some blog comments!
It will be worth the wait, I promise! But in the meantime, how about leaving me a comment?! 🙂 You are on a dofollow blog so you’ll be getting some link love from me when you do. Please also share this post on twitter and facebook so other blog owners who may be feeling a little lonely, can feel the love from their readers like I feel the love from all your blog comments!