We talked yesterday about the benefit of comments on your blog, and five things you can do to get more blog comments, and today I’m going to share 5 more awesome ways to get more blog comments by automatically rewarding your commentators!
Automation can really save the day, like yesterday when I was playing “Becky Home-ec-y.” I decided to make the kid’s Halloween costumes this year and my 8 year old daughter wanted to be a bag of jelly-bellies. I made her costume out of a plastic drop cloth and was planning on filling it with a few dozen balloons. Well, the balloons I bought were a lot smaller than I thought they were and I majorly underestimated how much work I had gotten myself into. They ended up being only about the size of my fist when fully inflated and I was so thankful that I had the foresight to buy a hand pump to blow the balloons up. In the end I blew up over 150 balloons and I could have never done it without the right tool.
Same goes for your blog. There are so many great plugins that are like tools to help your network marketing blog run more efficiently, be more user friendly, and in today’s list, I’m going to share with you some plugins that will help you get more blog comments!
Let’s think about our blog as a party so we can get more blog comments:
So, you know when you have a party you give your guests a little gift (party favor) as a thank you for coming? Think of these plugins as party favors for your commentators as a thanks for visiting and for leaving their comment!
Plugins to thank your readers for making blog comments:
- Do follow blog – Installing the do-follow plugin has been one of the most effective things I’ve done to thank my readers for making blog comments and encourage more blog comments! I have created a free dofollow badge in several colors that you’re welcome to post on your blog to let your readers know that your a dofollow blog. Basically it meas that your blog will share the link-juice from google with your blog commentators as a thank-you for sharing their thoughts.
- Comment luv – This plugin displays a link at the bottom of your commenting guests blog comment to one of their recent posts. This is a great way to help them get some traffic if their title peaks the interest of your readers.
- Keyword luv – I don’t think this works with all themes because I have had some issues with it on my blog, but I see it on a lot of blogs so maybe mine’s just weird. 🙂 Basically it’s a way to help your blog commentators receive some anchor text keywords when them comment.
- Top Commentators – You may have some blog readers who comment regularly on your posts and having a top commentators box in your side panel will give them a little visibility and reward as a thank-you for their loyalty
- WP-Thread Comment is an awesome plugin that serves two uses:
- First of all it allows you to send the person who left a blog comment your reply to their comment via email automatically. I love it when I get the replies someone made to my comment sent to me because I don’t always remember to go back to the blog to see the reply to my comment and I have from time-to-time gone back and commented back again based on the author’s response.
- Secondly, the plugin allows the blog comments to be nested under the parent comment so it’s easier to read. This function is built into some themes automatically, but when I first launched my blog I would get so frustrated that my replies were added to the bottom of the comments instead of below the very comment I was replying to.
- Bonus Plugin Tip: Get Recent Comments is another plugin that will show some of the recent comments made on your blog in the sidebar. This may peak the interest of your readers who see a great comment on a post, to click through and read deeper into your blog.
It goes without saying that commenting on blogs that have these plugins installed is great for you too because it will help you get more blog traffic while you’re helping them get more blog comments! Ana Hoffman has a great post she wrote yesterday that reveals a great dofollow blog finder tool! I encourage you to try it out!
So make your blog party a fun one for your network marketing prospects and blog guests! And remember that attraction marketing works best when you’re a go-giver, sharing value first with other blog owners through your comments, and with your readers by giving them some visibility, branding, and link-juice!
You know what to do now, right? Leave some blog comments of course! Let me know what plugins you use, like, love, hate, etc. to get more blog comments by being a go giver and rewarding your readers! And please share this post with your social media circles so they can get some more blog comments too!