How to build customer loyalty with two words.
Would you like to have a magic spell that you could put on your clients, customers, prospects and readers that would make them the most loyal customers on the planet, so that they would NEVER consider doing business with anyone else?
Of course you would…who wouldn’t? It’s tough out there with so much competition for our customer’s attention, and with the convenience of having the world at your fingertips via your smart phone, internet, and social media, it’s no wonder that customer loyalty isn’t what it used to be.
Some people are price conscious. Some people are brand conscious. But most people are convenience conscious.
But, customer loyalty exists. My dad will drive 45 minutes to a hardware store…going past several Ace Hardware, True Value, Home Depot, and Lowes stores along the way because this one store is different. They carry everything or will get it for you asap, they give personal attention, and not to sound cliche, they treat their customers differently than the big box stores.
Let’s Take the Discussion of Customer Loyalty to a Whole New Level
I was introduced to this video by Fabienne Fredrickson, an attraction marketing guru gal that I admire and follow and I loved it so much I wanted to share it with you. 🙂
In the video, with Gary Vaynerchuck, author of Crush It!: Why NOW Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion and his new book The Thank You Economy, you will learn how to take your customer relationship building to the next level…beyond the know you, like you, trust you, to the love you so much they are wanting to name their next baby after your company stage! 🙂 Okay, not really, but maybe?
So the magic word we learned as a kid doesn’t cut it in the marketing world…the new magic words are “Thank You” but not said in the same-old-same-old way.
Ways to Thank Your Customers to Create Customer Loyalty:
How could you thank your customers in a way that would induce loyalty? Let’s start a discussion in the comments…
I’ll go first:
- Use a company like Send Out Cards to send unexpected gifts to your customers. I’ve sent brownies, books, and even baking kit and a dig a dinosaur kit to kids of my clients. I signed up to use in my primary business and I’ve ended up using it for a million different things.
- Send personalized video email greetings to your friends, clients, and customers letting them know that you appreciate them…maybe sharing ideas you have for them in their business, etc. I’ve always gotten a fantastic response when I’ve sent personalized video emails to others!
- Brand yourself as a go giver. Example: Do you always bring your clients a flower? Do you wrap their purchases up beautifully and include a surprise gift so they feel like it’s their birthday every time they order?
- Praise your teammates to their spouses and families.
- Compliment someone in public.
- Send someone you love doing business with great referrals frequently.
- Write a post about someone who has helped you in your business like Mavis did for me in her post: Heather Stephens Proves That Blogging Can Be Fun and Rewarding (Thank you Mavis! I ♥ U! You blew me away with this one!)
Okay, now it’s your turn…what ideas do you have to thank your customers, clients and prospects? Please share your customer loyalty building thank you ideas in the comments and share this post in social media.
P.S. In the event that I’m lucky enough to have Gary V or Fabienne Fredrickson someday stumble upon this post…thank you both for your leadership in the client attraction and customer loyalty building world of social media!