The problem with Facebook Group email notifications:
While we love to join different Facebook groups to connect and learn from each other, Facebook group email notification overwhelm can be a big problem, especially if the Facebook groups you have joined are very active. All the likes, posts, links, comments, and videos can result in dozens of emails per day!
But what to you do if you want to remain a part of the Facebook group and follow what’s happening?
How to adjust your Facebook group email notifications:
I went on the hunt for a way to solve this dilemma and found a simple solution. Here is a video I recorded walking you through, click by click, how I adjusted the Facebook group email notification settings of a Facebook group I want to remain connected to, so I could eliminate the abundance of emails I was receiving.
I’ll also show you how to place a link to your favorite Facebook groups on your Facebook home navigation news feed page, below your profile picture and links!
So to recap how to adjust your Facebook group email notifications:
- Go to your Facebook group
- Click on the Edit Settings button
- From the drop down box, choose your Facebook group email notification settings
- Email me when a member posts or comments
- When a member comments
- When a friend posts
- Only posts I am subscribed to
- If you want to turn off all facebook group email notifications for that group you can uncheck the box next to your email address.
- You can select when you want to see the facebook group in your facebook home navigation
- You can also opt out of facebook group chat messages by unchecking the box next to that if you wish.
I hope this helps to eliminate some of your email overwhelm, while helping you to stay in touch with your Facebook groups! Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think, and please pass this on to anyone who you know might be overwhelmed, like I was, with dozens of Facebook group email notifications!