Welcome friends from my email list building guest post on Traffic Generation Cafe! I hope you enjoyed clever marketing ideas for leveraging your thank you page!
I promised I would share with you the two email list building Tell A Friend scripts I’ve found online and my win/win alternative to the friend generator email list building scripts!
But first I thought I should remind you that it is important to check with your email provider to make sure using a Tell A Friend script is allowed. (Aweber does not allow them.)
Here’s how the email list building, tell a friend scripts work:
Here’s How Mike Filsaime’s Viral Friend Generator email list building machine works:
- Your reader clicks through a link to a landing page and subscribes for your free irresistible offer.
- On the thank you page, they receive a message that reminds them to check their email box and confirm their request for your free offer. The message also invites them to enter the names and emails of their friends who they believe would love the first free offer in exchange for another free gift!
- When they enter in your specified number of emails they are sent an email with a link to your free gift download page!
- The machine doesn’t require their friends to opt in to get the bonus free gift.
Here’s how Frank Kern’s FREE email list building Good Karma machine works:
(This one may be okay with Aweber since people are only sending a link to others through social media instead of an email, but I recommend you check with them before using it.)
- Your reader clicks through a link to a squeeze page and subscribes for your free irresistible offer.
- On the thank you page, they receive a message that reminds them to check their email box and confirm their request for your free offer. The video also lets them know that they can receive another awesome free gift if they refer a certain number of friends to your site.
- When they click on the confirmation link they are taken to your opt in offer and if you over deliver on your free offer like I suggested, they are so going to want to spread the word so that they can get the second, even more awesome, free gift!
- The email list building machine keeps track and sends your subscriber an email with a link to your bonus free gift when three of their friends subscribe.
Two tips for using a viral friend generator for your email list building:
- As with any system you set up online, make sure that you work through the installation and details carefully and test it to ensure that each part of the system works.
- Be sure to reassure your subscribers that if they share their friends’ emails that their friends will not be subscribed to anything and the only email they will receive is the one that comes directly from them when they submit the tell a friend form.
How to use an email list building machine like a tell a friend script without using a machine at all?
I put my thinking cap on to come up with a solution to not being able to use a tell a friend script with Aweber and I believe I’ve come up with an awesome solution that is a win/win for everyone. I’ll have to let you know what my results are in a future post, but here’s what I set up:
Again, I’m following the advice I gave you in Ana’s post: Over deliver on value and make it seem ridiculous for them not to take me up on my offer!
I have my normal opt in, and on the thank you page, I let my readers that they’ve won an entry into a drawing for a free lifetime premium membership to the clever marketer mastermind community…our new blog marketing forum. By registering for their membership before the 25th of March, they will have earned one entry into the drawing, but they can earn 5 more by helping me spread the word.
I let them know why I’m doing this: I am trying to spread the word about our community, and they probably know other online marketers who would love to know about this.
I let them know what the free gift is (tip: make sure it’s relevant to your first free offer). Everyone who helps me spread the word will be awarded free access to a private training call on Lazy Email List Building Secrets for Clever Marketers!
They also win 5 more entries for the lifetime free premium membership, which includes all the training and resources that are there now, and everything that will come in the future, including my brand new training: 125 Clever Blog Marketing Secrets You Should be Using but Aren’t. At $15 a month, lifetime access, the gift has tremendous value!
I let them know how they can earn 5 more entries into the drawing if they write a post about the community, why they joined, if they’re already part of our commenting tribe, what it’s done for them, benefits of blog commenting, blog tribes, syndicating, etc. and link back to one of my blog posts using my desired anchor text.
In return, I’ll be linking back to their post with a DoFollow link and sharing their post with my audience to help them get some traffic.
The benefits of this email list building method:
While this clever marketing email list building method isn’t automatic, it does create some big win/wins for both myself and my readers who take action!
- I get exposure to all of their readers both on their blog and through social media instead of just 3-5 of their friends.
- I get a back link to my blog with my desired anchor text.
- I get a “testimonial” so to speak that builds my case for my free offer.
- They get a chance at a lifetime premium membership
- They get a back link to their blog with their desired anchor text.
- They get exposure and traffic from my readers and through my social media networks.
- They get an invitation to a free training call: Lazy Email List Building Secrets for Clever Marketers!
So what do you think?
Please share this post in social media and leave me a comment with your thoughts!
And I’d love for you to try it out for yourself and see how I leverage my thank you pages! Please enter your email and name in to the form below this post. You’ll be added to my email list building funnel full of bonuses and gifts!