Leverage your time by repurposing content:
Repurposing content from our blog posts into videos, audios, articles, podcasts, press releases, pdf documents, power point documents, etc. is a great way to gain more time leverage and increase our reach online. But, it is a lot of work, it takes time, and it often costs money. Sure, a great idea created in various formats is some time savings, but taking the time to record a video, record an audio, write a post, create a document, screen cast or podcast can take a lot of time and all the different software programs can really add up.
Well, maybe it would be better to say that it takes a lot of work, time and costs money for people who aren’t readers of clever marketer, because I’m hooking you up today with a “Reverse Engineering Repurposing Content Recipe” to give you back your time!
I’ve got some simple but clever marketing tips to show you how to reverse engineer your re-purposing content activities! The goal is to end up with several pieces from one content idea.
Reverse Engineering Repurposing Content Recipe
Your first step is to begin with the end in mind. Come up with an idea for a post that will be well suited to various content types.
- Start of by creating a blog post or power point document outline of the content you are going to create.
- Record a training-length video of yourself teaching the bullets on the blog post or power point.
- Rip the audio from your teaching video. Use the free audio extractor software: http://www.aoamedia.com/audioextractor.htm
- Sync the audio and your power point slides in a program like microsoft movie maker to create a screen cast video using software like camtasia or the free version, cam studio.
- Have the audio transcribed for you using a software like dragon or use a website like voicebase.com (This transcript is not exact by any means but it’s free and gives me a great starting point for creating documents and such.)
Of course you can always take your blog posts and submit them as articles (try the ezine articles plugin for a shortcut!) and copy them into word to create a pdf and tweak them to repurpose them for a press release. Publishing your power point is a great idea as well, because I have found for many keywords that people will search for .ppt files!
I’ve been using this repurposing content recipe for a while and the audio extractor tool has become one of my favorites to be able to strip the audios from my videos. If you know of a better free transcription service, please do tell in the comments below. So far I’m pleased overall with this one, but the content definitely needs editing!
Please share this on social media and add your “spice” to the repurposing content recipe in the comments below!