Hey beginner blogger, before you waste your time building and marketing your blog, here’s how to make sure your target market will be profitable!
In yesterday’s beginner blogger q and a post we talked about how to choose a niche and target market, but today we’re going to evaluate your ideas and make sure that you are entering a niche that you can make money in, and you’re entering a market that is spending money and you can connect with!
Also, please make sure you’ve read the beginner blogger creating your free opt in offer post and that you’ve requested a link to today’s free webinar. You can only receive the recording via email if you register!
Beginner Blogger Tips for Validating Your Niche:
- Pick a niche that other people are already making money in.
- Are there books on the topic?
- Are there magazines in the niche?
- Do your keyword research: is there enough search volume for the niche?
- Are people paying for advertising space on Google in your niche?
- Are people building blogs, groups and forums in your niche?
- Pick a niche that solves a problem or fulfills a passion that your target market has.
- Remember that people will pay money to eliminate pain or to gain pleasure (your niche must do one of these!)
- Examples of pain markets: weight loss, debt reduction, business struggles, teen parenting, etc.
- If you’re not in a pain market, make sure you’re in a market that spends money to feed a passion. Examples of passion markets: scrap-booking, cooking, golf (Think of obsessive hobbies!)
- Pick a niche you won’t get tired of.
Beginner Blogger Tips for Validating Your Target Market:
Just like picking a profitable niche, you want to make sure that you validate two things with your target market:
- You can find them
- They are spending money in your niche (see validating your niche above. 🙂 )
Places for the beginner blogger to look for their market:
- Google Groups
- Facebook Groups
- Yahoo Groups
- Meet-up Groups
I hope to see you on the Creating Your Irresistible Opt in Offer webinar today. If you can’t make it, that’s okay, please enter your name and email anyway so that I can send you the recording. There will not be a public link shared so, the only way to get the recording is to opt in.
I hope that you’ve enjoyed the beginner blogger series! I’m loving the feedback from all of you, so please keep the questions coming. You can email me at heather at clevermarketer dot com.
Please share your thoughts below and please notify others you know who are in the beginner blogger stage about this series, and today’s webinar!
Oh, and if you need to get caught up…here are the beginner blogger questions I’ve covered so far: