Continuing my beginner blogger q and a series, one of the most common questions I am asked is, “How do I come up with enough content ideas to write about?” It can be a scary thing for a beginner blogger to take on a project, like a blog, that is ongoing and needs to be constantly fed with more information to keep it going.
I know I let it hang me up for quite a while when I was a beginner blogger, but I quickly learned that there was a perpetual source of blog content ideas. The more I wrote and the more I learned, the more ideas I had to write about. I want to share with you in today’s post how to come up with infinite ideas for content and blog posts, even if you’re a beginner blogger with no experience!
But first, I feel compelled to remind you that no matter what you’re business goals are, if you’re committed to overcoming blogger’s block or writer’s block, and the only way to do that is to get out there and take action in your business; and for a beginner blogger, that means writing content consistently. The ideas will come…I promise.
But if you need a little help, I brainstormed some easy ways to come up with content ideas for you in the video below.
How to come up with hundreds of blog content ideas your readers will absolutely love, even if you’re a beginner blogger:
Okay beginner blogger, here is your action plan for content ideas aplenty…
- Read other blogs daily
- Top blogs in your niche
- Blogs of other marketers with whom you’re networking
- Don’t be a copy cat or plagiarize
- Take ideas you’re getting from other blogs and write about them in your own words, expand on the ideas, and teach them to others
- Visit different groups online and research what people are talking about
- Search Twitter
- Facebook groups
- Yahoo groups
- Google groups
- Forums, etc.
- Make a big list of ideas you are struggling with and learning
- Go teach what you’re learning and discovering to your readers
- Get over the impostor syndrome! Don’t undervalue what comes easily to you. It doesn’t mean it comes easily to others.
- Learn from the leaders: what’s working for them?
- Check their list of top blog posts and write something similar (I learned this tip from a guest post on TrafficGenerationCafe.com)
- Duplicate what is working for the leaders in your niche
- Leave comments on other blogs that add value.
- Gathering your thoughts about a post and putting them into words will frequently spark an idea for a blog post!
- Save your blog post ideas in wordpress as a draft, in a journal, email, etc. for future use.
- Having a list of “potential” posts is a very secure feeling.
- Amy Mengarelli, a beginner blogger and mompreneur I’ve coached who is also part of my prove it challenge recently wrote a post about having a cue of blog content ideas!
- Another prove it blog challenge participant, and great friend, Oliver Tausend recently shared how he organizes his blog content ideas in a video on his blog.
- Live life and get out of the house to generate new ideas.
- Getting away from the computer and going out to meet others will help you to be more creative. (Keep your journal with you because that’s when your ideas will come!)
- Repurpose other content into blog post content: team trainings, videos, conference calls, etc.
- Start writing, it will help you generate new ideas
- Continue to invest in your own education and personal development.
- Everything you learn, and every new thing you do has the potential of becoming blog content ideas!
Need more inspiration? Check out the following posts.
So now it’s your turn…what content ideas did this inspire for you? Please share your thoughts in the comments below and then please proceed to the social media buttons on the left and click to share this post of content ideas with other beginner blogger rock stars in your social media circles!