I wrote a post last week about network marketing leadership that included a video of Seth Godin talking about the power of leadership and tribes and that inspired me to create a list for assessing network marketing leadership skills.
Our job as a network marketing team leaders is not to sponsor business builders, our job is to change lives. Network marketing leadership begins with ourselves. We must be honest with ourselves and know what leadership sills we need to clarify and or improve on for ourselves.
Network Marketing Leadership: Assess Your Team Leadership Skills
- What do you stand for?
- Are you breaking rules in order to change the world?
- What are you passionate about, something that is part of your world that needs changing? Something you, your company, or your products can help change?
- Who are you leading?
- Are they following you because by default they are on your team, or are they following you because they WANT to be associated with you?
- Is your focus on serving them?
- Do you believe in your teammates and their potential for success? How well do you communicate that vision with them?
- Are you a responsible leader?
- Do you accept total responsibility for you and your team?
- Are you taking action in building your own personal business or are you mostly focused on what your team is doing?
- How strong are your communication skills?
- How well do you embrace change?
- When your company discontinues your favorite product line or updates their ordering process how do you handle it? Do you complain or look at it as a new opportunity?
- How do you view and handle obstacles in your own business and life?
- Are you decisive and can you think on your feet?
- Are you focused?
- Do you have a system you follow, focusing on fundamentals or do you have A.D.O.S.–“Attention Deficit…Ooh, Shiny!”
- Does your team understand your system and can they easily communicate it to their down lines?
- Do you have a network marketing success mindset; do you set goals and stick with them until you achieve them?
- Are you trustworthy?
- Do you speak the truth, even if it may hurt someone?
- Do you have the confidence to confront someone who isn’t following your company/team’s code of ethics? (Do you even have a code of ethics?)
- Are you constantly improving your own skills and investing in your own education?
- Do you accept criticism well and use it as an opportunity to improve yourself?
- How often do you assess your approach, your skills, and brainstorm ways you could improve?
Network marketing leadership skills are developed through action and bravery.
Leadership takes courage, stepping out in faith before you are 100% confident, being optimistic and having a vision, and developing charisma and your own leadership style. It takes courage to do what’s right, to go against the status quo, and to admit you are weak in certain areas. In my opinion that is what makes a great network marketing leader.
What about you?
I would love you know what you think. You are on a dofollow blog so you will get some link love from me if you comment and share. What qualities do you value in network marketing leadership and what you do to improve your network marketing leadership skills?