What does my trip this weekend to the Jim Henson exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago have to do with building a network marketing internet business? Can Ernie and Bert really teach us something about marketing?
“Do you think you could learn something about marketing that could help you in your network marketing internet business from a show that has…”
- Been a staple in households for over 40 years and is still going strong
- Has won more Emmy Awards than any other show in the history of television
- Airs in over 120 countries and has the broadest reach of any children’s series ever produced
I can probably get weeks of content out of our fun family trip this weekend to see Kermit, but I’m going to start with the basics…just like sesame street does for our kids.
“Your network marketing internet business lesson today is brought to you by the letter T and the number 2!”
You can be successful in any network marketing internet business if you know two things. Can you guess what they are?
I’ll give you some clues: All of the following skills are worthless when it comes to building a network marketing internet business if you don’t know the 2 main things.
- Knowing how to generate leads or build a targeted lead’s list.
- Knowing how to blog, write, or do video marketing.
- Knowing how to effectively use social media.
- Having an expert understanding of SEO
- Having a ton of clever marketing tips up your sleeve.
- Having a great personal brand.
- Having a great leader or up-line.
- Having a great company or great products.
I know I’m guilty of it myself at times. As network marketers building a business online we can easily get hung up on the “how to’s” of marketing instead when we should be focusing on the “who” and “what” of marketing.
The two things you need to know to be successful in any network marketing internet business are:
- Who is your target market?
- Sesame Street’s target market is young children and parents of young children. They don’t deviate from this. They don’t try to appeal to everyone, they pick their target and focus their marketing message around it.
- What problems do they have?
- Sesame Street solves the problem of entertaining and educating kids. They solve these problems for parents and they solve them well. They are the leader in their industry because they’ve earned that role by providing value that solves problems their target market faces.
Everything you do when you’re building a network marketing internet business must revolve around solving a problem, and in order to do that, you need to know who has a problem and what that problem is.
So here’s your homework for today’s Sesame Street network marketing internet business lesson:
Take 2 minutes and share in the comments who your target market is and what problems they face. And then I want you to share this post with others on twitter or facebook, who are also building a network marketing internet business!